The Oscars are on next week and I am throwing an Oscar viewing party at home
Found this great link On the Official Oscar website
Great ideas for a Oscar Party.
They have the Printable Oscar Ballots for this year and other games like the Oscar Bingo
etc everything you'd need for a Oscar party.
Here our our themed recipes
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
here is a Video for Shrimp Creole - A New Orleans Classic
For the movie Milk Here is the Baileys Milk Shake Recipe
For Slumdog Millionaire I choose Pav Bhaji a quintessential Mumbai street food
Its delicious and Spicy
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Large knob of butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon each ginger
1 heaped teaspoon garlic paste
1 green chilli, sliced
2 teaspoons pao bhaji masala/substitute with curry powder & Paprika
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 medium potatoes, boiled and roughly mashed
150g/5oz cauliflower florets,cut into very small pieces
1 large handful of frozen green peas, defrosted
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 handful coriander, chopped
2-3 soft white bread rolls
Heat oil and a teaspoon of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry onion until golden. Add ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in spices. Cook for 30 seconds. Add seasoning, tomatoes , cook for four minutes. Stir for five minutes, adding a splash of hot water. Add veg and 250ml (9fl oz) hot water, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, mashing. Add peas and two tablespoons butter. Cook for two minutes. It should be thick and sloppy, so add water as required. Season, add remaining ingredients. Cook for another minute. Lightly toast the rolls and serve.
Gluhwien for The Reader
* 4 quarts dry red wine (zinfandel, merlot, burgundy, etc.)
* 1 pint brandy
* 1 cup sugar
* 6 cinnamon sticks
* 12 cloves, whole
* 1/8 tsp allspice
* 1/8 tsp mace
* 2 oranges, sliced
* 1 lemon, sliced
1. Pour the wine into a large pot and begin heating over low heat.
2. As it begins to warm, add sugar and spices. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the brandy.
4. Heat thoroughly, but do not allow to boil!
5. Add the lemon and orange.
6. Steep for about 1 hour over low heat.
7. You may add more sugar during this time if desired, stirring well so it disolves.
8. Serve hot and garnish with orange slices. A stick cinnamon could also be used.